Update time, yay! Got some fun new toys and features for you folks, let us know if you run into any issues. We changed the way the static lighting works a bit (with torches, etc) so let us know if you notice any reduction in performance. As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy and let us know what you think in the comments =)
- Added the teleporter project! Build two, set them to the same symbol and instantly transport yourself (and anything inside the teleporter) across the world.
- Added a deployable turret! It loads 9mm ammo and must be retracted to pick it up. Prevents mob spawning nearby.
- Added flare arrows (Flarrow!)
- Added Bone Arrows
- Steel turret – 1x Microchip, 1x Steel Machine Parts, 1x Steel Gun Parts, 1x Large Battery, 1x D6 Polymer (Requires Material Printer)
- Flare arrows – 1x Aluminum Ingot, 1x Bauxite Ore, 1x Iron Ore (Makes 3)
- Bone arrows – 1x Bone, 5x Sticks, 5x Feathers (Makes 5)
- Power Core – 3x Large Battery, 3x Steel Ingots, 3x Plastic, 1x Refined Rose Quartz (Requires Material Printer)
- Added cursor icons when hovering over things. Let us know if you notice things that we missed that you think should have cursors.
- Fixed some issues with the medium and large fonts.
- Added reload animation to grenade launchers.
- Reduced regeneration salve effect by half, it was pretty overpowered considering you could use 2 and combine it with the health regen from being well fed.
- Doubled energy regen per step of kinetic inductor
- Changed saving method for player inventory, should be backwards compatible but let us know if you notice any missing items or anything like that.
- Disabled connection to local server by default, may cause issues so let us know if you have problems dropping items, things not working as expected, etc. This should fix the issue for people who were having problems dropping items.
- Changing font with a dialogue box open will now properly resize the dialogue box.
- Changed static lighting system (torches, etc) to hopefully be a bit more optimized. Should result in fewer hitches with lots of static lights, let us know if you see a reduction in performance.
- Kinetic inductors now properly stop working when unequipped
Hey folks, I have a small update for ya. Normally I’d hold off until we had a more substantial update ready, but we found a bug with the item details that would occasionally cause items to get removed when you attempted to split a stack so we went ahead and pushed out what we had so far. We also made some balance changes to picks and guns which should make fighting armored creatures a bit less annoying, but we may still need to raise their health amounts to make up for the change, so let us know what you think.
- Added a trash container that holds deleted items until you leave the game. This should be useful if you accidentally delete an item.
- You should no longer open the key item pouch through other containers when you right click
- Fixed some graphical weirdness with equipping items in the MEG menu with right click
- You can now dig multiple background blocks simultaneously with the proper upgrades (Meant to be in the last update, but its here now!)
- Pick damage reduced, but picks now pierce through armored creatures
- Most bullets (not shotgun pellets) now partially pierce armored creatures (reduce armor by half)
- You can no longer equip batteries from power sockets menus.
- Fixed an issue with the item detail popup buttons (items getting deleted when split, etc)
- Fixed a bug that would cause basic smelters to pause their progress
- Fixed beds not making you go to sleep
- Fixed some minor tooltip issues
- Fixed some dupes/issues with the crafting/build menus
We’ve got a brand spankin’ new patch ready for you folks, featuring mostly quality of life improvements that we’ve been working on the last several weeks. Most of this update came directly from feedback we’ve received on the forums and elsewhere, so I just want to say thanks to everyone who is playing Signs of Life and giving us suggestions and feedback. As always, we more than welcome your comments and concerns with the update, so don’t be shy and let us know your thoughts =)
- Added a popout map when you right click the GPS device
- Rubies now increase the number of blocks you can dig simultaneously with the wrist laser, max of 6.
- Added Grenade Launcher
- Added jeweler and munition pouch that collect gems and ammo respectively
- Grenade Launcher (3x Steel Ingots, 1x Rubber, 1x Launcher Parts)
- Launcher Grenades (1x Steel Ingot, 1x Propellant, 1x Black Powder)
- Jeweler Pouch (5x Hide)
- Munition Pouch (5x Hide)
- Added buff tooltip labels and duration display
- Added search box to crafting menu
- Added expand/collapse all buttons to the crafting menu
- Item quantities now display on top of all items in a container
- Darkened the background of the minimap to make it more visible
- Brightend the minimap lines
- Added a whole bunch of tooltips
Misc Gameplay Changes
- Increased damage of the ant queen scythe to 10
- Destroyed projects now drop all the items they cost to craft
- Added a GPS device to the starting escape pod on new characters
- Fixed a bug related to middle clicking power cores while they are in power sockets
- Fixed some spots where animations could get stuck, let us know if you experience any more
- Fixed a crash related to having apostrophes in your save path
- Fixed a physics bug related to the jump jet